You can now check out our inventory online!
Some of the many research opportunities the Society offers include:
- Loose-leaf binders containing local obituaries
- Cemetery records for surrounding cemeteries
- Archived genealogy books
- The Bulletin [Mount Joy newspaper] from 1901 to 1975
- More than 100 loose-leaf notebooks containing articles on various subjects
- Mount Joy High School yearbooks
- School memorabilia & newspapers
- Local and regional maps
- Local videos
- A file of biographical information of Mount Joy residents
- A file of Mount Joy and Florin businesses, industries, churches, schools, organizations, sports, etc.
The museum houses many displays of its extensive collection of Mount Joy artifacts and local business memorabilia—all arranged as a unique exhibit.
The Historical Society periodically publishes historical journals on a subject of the Mount Joy area. These journals and other merchandise are offered for sale at the museum and through the website.
We’re always looking for new members, join today!
Books are available for sale at the Historical Society’s Museum, located at 120 Fairview Street, Mount Joy. All books are $10.00, unless otherwise noted below. Add $4.00 for postage and handling per book if mailing is required.
Check out our online store to see what topics are available.
Available Research Resources at the Museum:
- Obituary information from 1901 to present, plus some from the 1800′s
- Inventory records of everything in the building
- Cemetery records for all Mount Joy and surrounding area cemeteries
- One hundred-plus loose-leaf notebooks containing important articles, categorized by subject
- Local atlases and all known local maps from 1825 onward
- Genealogy books
- School records
- Mount Joy newspaper scrapbook
- Research files
- All research journals published by the society
- Local videos/DVDs
- Copier for your use
Please Note: The Historical Society is a non-profit organization that relies on private contributions for its operating expenses. Society members will do research upon request. An hourly donation of $20.00 with a one hour minimum will be accepted for doing this research. Photocopies cost $.25 per copy.